Posted by: David | 2009-07-04

My dad is 56 years old. He mentioned earlier that he experiences blood/bleeding when he goes to the toilet(number 2). I don' t know the exact details but i' m very worried that it could be colon cancer etc. What is your idea on the situation. He said he would go for a health check up next week.

He will have to consult a gastroenterologist for a colonoscopy to exclude colon cancer. I do however, suggest that you do not stress before he consults the specialist, as it can merely be due to a pile or a mucosal tare.

Posted by: Martie | 2009-07-04

Could be serious or could just be haemorroids. Have a colonoscopy done. I' ve had one and its not bad at all. Nice doctor put me out so I wasn' t aware of a thing. Good luck!

Reply to Martie