Posted by: Confused | 2009-01-16

Ive known my friend since school days. She overheard my boyfriend on the phone to his brother and came to ask me if I wanted to know of a surprise he has in store for me. When I told her I do not want to know, because I like surprises, she simply went ahead and blurted out that he intended to propose to me and is planning to maybe do so on Christmas and that he even asked my mom' s permission already.

Besides the fact that she ruined the surprise factor for me, he never asked me on Christmas  so I thought perhaps he changed his mind. I had so much inner turmoil on Christmas and I sent her a message that it didn' t happen and that I wished she never told me, but she didn' t even apologise. Instead, she phoned me on Christmas to find out what went down!

My mom advised me not to tell my bf what she did, because he so much wants to use it as a big surprise, and it' s not his fault that she couldn' t keep her tongue.

I really need to know if she is a genuine friend or if she deliberately did this to spoil things for me. She' s divorced with two kids and have no one in her life right now.

Maybe she thinks she's a friend, but she sounds like a big-headed spoil-sport to me. She's not much of a friend to any of you, though she may not have realized how hurtful her behaviour would be. She's lonely and nosy and maybe couldn't resist the chance to sound important.

Posted by: Confused | 2009-01-16

I' d like to know what others think - especially Cybershrink because a few people told me a genuine friend would never have spilled the beans to me personally. When she told me he had a surprise for me, I made it clear I didn' t want to know but she still went ahead and told me.

Reply to Confused
Posted by: bobelina | 2009-01-16

your dissapointment is the problem....

she couldnt keep it 2 herself thats all

Reply to bobelina