Question
Posted by: anon | 2010-07-01

please tell me...

...that this gets better. im not really posting today for advise, i just need to hear from other suffering from depression that it does.

i have an appointment with shrink again on monday.

i just feel really hopeless today, because im on my 3rd ''re-script'' every time upping the dose.

i know we will eventually find something that works for me. but i feel so terribly dead today and tired of not (wanting to) doing anything. nothing. it''s been 3 years now. it''s getting too much, you know.

feels like i want to open up and write a hundred pages but i dont know what to write.

just give me some of your stories or something that i can look forward to please.

I hope others can add to me reasurance for you. Remember, Depression is an exceedingly sneaky illness, and one of the things it does to us is to make us unrealistically pessimistic, and to damage our capacity to hope or to believe that we will indeed get better. You have indeed had an unduly long time of this. I don't recall whether you are being treated by a GP or a psychiatrist - if a GP. then it's high time you were referred to and seen by a proper specialist psychiatrist, who should be involved in the care of EVERY case of depression which does not respond well the the initial treatment tried. If you're seeing a psychiatrist, maybe a second opinion would be in order ?

1