Posted by: Zanele | 2009-03-17

please tell me!!!!!!!!!

Hi , i would like to know this especially from born again christians not church goers, i know there are christians using this site,

i have been having an argument with hubby as to who should buy a wedding ring when it is lost, i misplaced my rings then they got lost i used to take them off when i sleep now i can' t find them , please help as to who have to buy, myself of hubby.

This is surely something to be discussed and negotiated between a couple. Is there a specifically Christian answer, rather than one that applies to anyone ? I remember hearing this question before, and think most people either said negotiate or that you, having lost them, should buy the replacements. Presumably, you disliked those answers, and are looking for one that suits you better ? And maybe, if they were lost after you took them off within your home, both of you should seriously search for them and consider whether anyone else may have had access to be able to steal them

Posted by: Happened to me as well | 2009-03-17

I also lost the engagement ring of my wedding band even before we got married... in our house. I also took it off at night before i went to bed and forgot to put it on the following morning. My sister found it, rolled it in a piece of paper towell and put it under my cusion, only to fall off, mistaken for rubbish and been thrown away by the domestic worker. I cried for weeks on end, but felt it my duty to buy another one, as my now hubby bought it the first time...well no need to add that I had to buy the whole set again for almost twice the price my hubby paid for it..but at least the exact same one, and i' ve never once regret buying it myself, cos i felt it was my own fault why i' ve lost it in the first place. BY the way, i' m also a devoted Christian...So Be fair to ur husban and buy it yourself, maybe this time u could get a nicer one hey?

Reply to Happened to me as well
Posted by: Soul | 2009-03-17

Personally I think you handeling this wrong. Your hubby isn' t liable to replace somthing you lost so you need to take responsibility for that.

You should have told him you lost it and asked him to help you replace it share the cost with you, I think he would have been more inclined to do that, but since you came across the way you did i honestly don' t blame him for not wanting to replace it.

Reply to Soul
Posted by: D | 2009-03-17

I feel you should by it.

Your hubby brought the first one, you lost it, its only fair that you replace it.

Devoted Christain

Reply to D