Posted by: Anonomous | 2010-05-28

Please Refer to Question 1358 and 1375

Good morning doctor. I enquired a while ago about my high cholesteral and starting taking 20mg of adco simvistatin. I have been taking it for about 3 weeks now. I had my monthly period about 2 weeks ago. All of a sudden today i started bleeding again this morning, I had breast pain before as well as irritability and all the usual pms symptoms. I have been reading up on all the effects of statins and it scares me, certain women have complained about vaginal hemmorage and irregular and additional menstrual bleeding inbetween periods. May i please have your input in this regard.

Kind regards as always

It is possible that you are experience side-effects from the cholesterol medication and I therefore, strongly suggest that you re-consult your doctor to evaluate the positives and negatives of using the medication. He/she can maybe try to control your cholesterol with vigorous exercise and a diet.