Question
Posted by: NY | 2010/07/04

Please refer me to tablets and places except AA

I have been drinking since 14Y and am fed up with it and what it does too me, currently im in a stressfull place in my life and drink more and more and tried to stop several times in my life, I did the AA test of 20 questions and answered to 12 of them - I am worried that it might ruin me and I want to change before its too late, my medical aid is depleted and I would like too take something for my anxiety while I stop drinking, I dont drink in the mornings only every afternoon from 6-7pm and weekends more than 3 units per day.

Please help me to get something for myself or is there something the doc can prescribe for me in this regard that doesnt cost a fortune for anxiety?

Im currently on lexamil and yaz.

Expert ImageArchive

Good Evening;

I hear your distress but wish to point out that addiction can only be effectively managed by addressing the physical, emotional and spiritual components of the disease.

Medication is but a small part of the armoury against addiction as it is the feelings, thoughts and behaviours that need to be concurrently addressed. My advice is that you get an assessment from a professional addictions clinic/facility.

best regards

2
Posted by: John | 2010/07/12

But beware of Harmony Clinics rediculous prices.

Reply to John
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010/07/04

Good Evening;

best regards

Reply to Addictions expert forum