Question
Posted by: MM | 2010/01/12

Please rate my excercise plan

It is now three years since I lost 35kgs and I am happy fairly happy with my body. Can you please tell me if my excercise plan is giving me all that I can get or will you suggest some changes.
Monday:
20 min cycle
5 min rowing
free weights for middel and lower body
Thuesday:
20 min cross train
cardio circuit
Wednesday:
20 min jogging (± 9km per hour)
30min swimming
Thursday:
20 min cross train
cardio circuit
Friday:
20 min step
5 min rowing
free weights for middel and lower body
Thanks....

Hi MM

It's impossible to grade a plan. What is it for? Are you trying to maintain or get fit? I know you said you're happy, but what is the objective of the training plan? When you say "all I can get", what does that actually mean to you?

Just generally, your plan is quite low on cardio work, but that's not crucial if you're only interested in toning and keeping a base level of fitness. If you wanted to get fitter or lose body fat, then I'd advise more cardio in the training.

Other than that, your programme seems fine, but that's generic advice, unfortunately.

Ross

2
Posted by: TLD | 2010/01/20

Looks good MM. 5 days a week is good frequency too.

Just one suggestion. I' d go for another resistance training session during the week. Perhaps on a Wednesday.

What weight training do you do for middel (?) and lower body?

Reply to TLD
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/01/20

Hi MM

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc