Question
Posted by: Mpho | 2010/04/16

Please Please Please

I need positive answers here please please please.
I went for the 1st interview which looks very promising and they called me again for the 2nd one it was a bit difficult and my agent told me to relax and assured me that the job is mine however she did not get feedback from the company.Should I be excited or what.

It all depends on how you usually handle this sort of situation. Sounds like you have an excellent chance of being successful ( and even if not, as though your qualifications, CV and personality will be successful most of the time you apply for such posts ). Some companies are unfortunately sloppy about giving feedback as
quickly as they should.
They usually don't waste their time seeing you a second time unless they're seriously thinking of hiring you. Good luck ! And let us know the outcome in a fresh post !

2
Posted by: anon | 2010/04/19

dont be excited, just be patient. The agents will tell you anything you want to hear because you are making money for them. If the agents were told by the client that you had the job they would have told you immediately and presented the offer to you.

Remember that many agents have the spec for a job and send froward their best candidates, and dont know how many other agents are sending candidates.

Usually there are a couple of rounds of interviews to sift out the unsuitables, then they start the eliminating inverviews, usually with panels that bombard you with questions and purposefully try and make you nervous so that they can see how you react under pressure.

If its a professional position with big buck on offer, you can go fro upto 4-5 interviews before you go for a battery of psychometric testing that lasts a day at least.

If you are going for a burger -flipper job at Wimpy, the process is different.

good luck

Reply to anon

quickly as they should.