Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2009/10/13

Please, please help

Dear Dr Bets

Dr Bets, I need some reassurance. I wrote earlier this week. 10 days ago I got a really bad migraine. I do get them. This one wont let up. I usually get them on my right back of my head. This one is one my left occipital side. My face and arm and leg is still numb and aching. My headache has not gone away (but has varied from a 3/10 to a 9/10) for the last 10 days. The glands under my chin feel swollen and I feel like I have too much saliva. My gp had given me prednisone 50mg - I have just finished a 5 day course. I am on 50mg Topamax (day 7) - which is think is making me feel nauseous as well. My wrists and shoulders are aching

I had a mri done in May and all was fine. I also had extensive blood tests. Could things have changed since then and what do I do now? I am 37. Normal weight. Healthy habits. Had a hysterectomy 18m ago but have ovaries.

Please help me - I am feeling desperately ill.

Hi Belinda, please call your GP and ask her if she could organize an emergency appointment with a neurologist for you. Or phone your nearest emergency unit and ask if there is a neurologist on call at the hospital. I think you have reason to be worried. This could be signs of a bleeding in the brain if normal migraine medication does not help. (Have you tried something like Zomig?)If you perhaps have your previous MRI scan results with you, take it with when you go and see him.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/13

Reply to cyberdoc