Question
Posted by: Ellen | 2009-08-21

Please! Please! Hellllllllp!

I hav a 2yr old baby girl with my husband and he has 3 other daughters with 2 different women. We would likke the next baby to be boy. What are the chaces of having a boy the next time round? is there anything we can do to make sure that its a boy? Is there anywhere we can go like fertility clinics or centres to make 100% sure that we have our boy. Anyone in a simmilar position? Please help!

Dear Ellen

The chances of you and your husband having a boy the next time around is about 50%. There is nothing specific you can do to ensure it is a boy under natural circumstances. The only way you can be 100% sure of getting a boy is the use of In-Vitro Fertilization and assessing the embryos by a procedure called PGD before implantation of the embryos. This procedure is normally done for medically reasons to determine sex-linked disorders. Using this procedure for gender selection has some moral and ethical issues that need to be dealt with first.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Faith | 2009-08-25

Why is he being so demanding. It is his sperm that determines the sex? why be pressured like that!

Reply to Faith
Posted by: Sandi | 2009-08-25

Jeez, your husband is seriously spreading his seed isn' t he? I wouldn' t bring another baby into the world with a man like that.
Poor kids, how does he divide his attention amongst kids that live with 3 different women??

Reply to Sandi