Posted by: Trish | 2009-07-13

Please help... URGENT

Hi doc. Where i work there are about 5 or 6 stray cats. I started feeding them for about a year now &  they have really become a bit more domesticated. This morning when i came in 1 of the cats looked really ill. She was drooling &  looked like she has something stuck in her throat. When i gave her food she couldn' t eat &  she was getting angry &  kicking the bowl around because she couldn' t eat the food. I did manage to feed her with a spoon though. I phoned the local SPCA but they said they dont do house calls, i have to bring her in. She is normal in the sense that she' z walking around &  meowing as normla but she cant close her mouth &  then she drools. I feels really hurt, i cant concentrate with work because she is very attached to me its unreal &  she is very special to me &  i hope its nothing serious. I do plan on taking her to the vet if she does not show signs of improvement by end of today. What do u think? is it serious or what can i do to help her? Thank u

Dear Trish

I was away this week but hope that your problem has been solved.

yes, thank you to the SPCA that doesn' t give a damn about animals anymore - they are only there to kill strays and lost animals!! they have become a money making business!!

Posted by: Trish | 2009-07-14

Hi guys

Im so relieved, It so happened that she ate a chicken bone. While she was relaxing i saw something yellowish in her mouth &  when i picked up her lip i saw a huge piece. I got so tearful bcoz it was bleeding a little &  i was just thinking how much pain she went through. But im so glad that she is ok now. She ate like she didn' t eat in ages after i took it out. Im just so happy that she' s ok.

Reply to Trish
Posted by: Chill | 2009-07-13

Taking her to the vet is the only thing you can do, she sounds like she' s very uncomfortable. Good for you, taking care of these cats the way you do. Wish more people would do it.

Pse let us know what happens!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Annemarie | 2009-07-13

Your description sounds like something stuck in the throat or perhaps a broken jaw (happened to my cat and she did all those things you describe) Take her to the vet. Best option

Reply to Annemarie