Posted by: CB | 2009-06-03

Please help - thrush

Please help. I have reoccuring thursh. I have been treated 3 times in the in the last 3 months. First 2 times with 1 dose of Flusol. This time with a four week course.
I have been to my Gynae and he did papsmear. There was blood on the bud. Turned out that there were no cancer cells. but did not even think of treating me for thrush until I requested he does. Can a gynae see thrush on examination? I am currently taking probiotics, washing with gynaeguard, inserting gynaeguard pills at night, applying micomison during the day, as well as in my second week of Flusol. I am at a loss. I am hugely uncomfortable and sex is very painful. Even with a condom, the thrush gets worse every time. As you can imagine this is causing a tremendous problem in my marriage. What do I do? Am I doomed to live like this for te rest of my life? I have thrush in my ears too. Is it possible that thrush is in my blood steam? Also I have tested my sugar and it seems fine, but I am struggling with slimlar syptoms to diabetes. EG: thristy all the time (esp at night), fatigued. Where do I go to from here.

Have a look at the Top 5 questions . There is a lot of information on preventing recurrent thrush. Much of this involves lifestyle changes. Also be sure that your partner is treated.
Thrush cannot always be seen on pap smear.