Question
Posted by: Sunshine | 2010/05/03

Please Help - Sugar Pills

Hi All,

I have been on the pill for the last 9 years, and we have just decided to start TTC. I am currently on my sugar pills, and i want to leave the pill as soon as i finish the sugar pills, i dont want to continue with the active ones.

So here are my Q''s:

is it ok to stop on the sugar pills
how long after the period that im going to have now, should i expect my next period if i dont fall preg? and will i get a withdrawal bleed, again after this period if i dont continue with the active pills?

Please help, im so lost.....

Dear Sunshine

In all probability your menstrual cycle should not be altered if you stop with the placebos (sugar pills) and you should be ovulating between day 12-16 of your cycle. However occasionally the first one or two cycle may be somewhat irregular while your body adapts and also it is important to understand that underlying hormonal changes may have occurred whilst you were on the pill and these may surface for the very first time now.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/05/07

Dear Sunshine

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert