Question
Posted by: Confused | 2010/01/21

please help soonest, thanks

Thanks for the speedy reply doc. I' m depressed, really depressed. The thought of one' s husband talking about love to another woman is so sick, in my opinion. He is rude to everyone in my family, but claims he' s not. He has a very forceful, abrupt nature, but when it comes to certain people he likes, he is such a gentleman. With me he is also very irritable, and short answers I get. What should I do to make ME happy for a change??? By the way, he is already on Cilift, sometimes take 2 a day.

Odd, perhaps, isn't it, that he seems to be talking about Love rather than sex, and maybe you find that even more upsetting. And it's probably really not about you. As a side point, he needs to recognize how antidepressants work. If you swallow a tranquillizer / sedative like a valium, you will feel calmer and drowsy in some 20 minutes or so, and the effect will later wear off. ADs are different. You need to take them in the recommended dose every day and the changes in body and brain chemistry they produce will gradually increase and be useful. Taking extra, unless recommended buy the shrink, usually has no extra benefit, and none that you could notice at the time, and gaps in taking them will undermine the benefits.
As for you - maybe a counsellor can help you to work out what would make you happier, and how to achieve that - it's a very personal recipe.

1