Question
Posted by: Nads | 2008-12-09

Please help - Sharp pain after evacuatio

Can someone please help. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks and had the evacuation of uterus last week Tuesday (2nd Dec.). I had bleeding for a day that I know is normal, I also had pain but it faded away and I was not feeling too ill. Then on Friday afternoon I started bleeding again, that I' ve heard can be normal. I' ve noticed heavy bleading but I just have a normal bleeding now as a period, but my problem is I keep on having abdominal pains and cramps and I can' t go on like this and keep on drinking pain killers. Is the pains and cramps normal??? For how long will I be bleeding and when will all settle down?? I' m taking it easy and don' t go overboard and rest when needed. Please help as I really want my body to normalise and get well soon.

This is not normal. You may have an infection or retained placenta. You should see your doctor again.