Question
Posted by: Sad, bruised &  bleeding | 2010-06-19

Please help recurring infection :(

Please help, I have a recurring yeast infection I have tried covospor, xeraspor &  canesten with no luck. It subsides for a day &  then returns again. I am bruised &  bleeding from the scratching I just cant help it I itch alot &  its so painful &  frustrating. I am diabetic &  I have been taking my meds (metformin 500mg) &  not indulging in sweets or starchy foods but this infection wont go away. I try to stay as dry as possible but around the bruised areas there is a watery substance that comes out I go to the toilet almost every hour &  that is aggrevating this infection. What can I do to stop the itching I need a quick fix as I cant handle anymore pain :(?. This infection is affecting my whole lifestyle even my hubby is getting frustrated. Thank you

Unfortunately, this is not a quick fix problem. Hvae a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrences. Oral medication may be necessary.

5
Posted by: mc | 2010-06-25

you can just ask your chemist, they will help you. I think the one I use is called probiflora. Its in a blue container.

Reply to mc
Posted by: sad, bruised &  bleeding | 2010-06-21

Hi ladies thanks for the response where can I get these probiotics &  how much does it cost?

thank you so much for your assistance

Reply to sad, bruised &amp  bleeding
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-06-21

Posted by: Karen | 2010-06-19

Taking a prebiotic everyday with your main meal will prevent further infections, I too had them so regularly and this helped 100%.

Reply to Karen
Posted by: K | 2010-06-19

Hi. I''m not sure about the itching, but you should take Probiotics intensive twice a day to prevent you getting thses infections.

Reply to K