PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! Random symptoms - never diagnosed

Please help me - i have been to three doctors who have not been able to find a diagnosis.
My symptoms include:
Intense fatigue
Abdominal pain similar to IBS
painful bowel movement and pain around the anus
irregular Mentruation (sometimes lasting a month at a time)
chest pains (cramping)
shortness of breath
chest closes

I also have a hip that slips in and out of joint all the time and is painful to get back into place.

I know i sound crazy and to me none of the symptoms add up to one diagnosis - but i have been in and out of hospital so many times and im so exhausted - it makes me so irritable my life is not what i beleive it should be.

Please someone help!!!!

Dear Anonymous
What kind of doctors did you see? You probably need a work-up by a panel of doctors - just looking at your symptoms I think you should at least have examination by a gastroenterologist for the abdominal symptoms, a physician for the tiredness and breathing symptoms and a gynecologist for the irregular menstruation. One should also look at your thyroid hormone levels (could cause tiredness and menstrual abnormalities) and your full blood count. For the hip joint you should see a orthopedic specialist as you may need surgery to correct this.
In a case like yours you will probably have to gather quite a bit of information with tests etc before a clear picture of what is wrong will emerge, you may have more than one condition causing the symptoms and you may have to be patient while they try to work out what exactly is wrong.

Posted by: Lauren | 2009-06-22

I have never seen a physician or gastroenterologist - i was supposed to receive a gastroscopy last year however my medical aid wont pay for it and i dont have a few thousand rand lying around :)

My doctor says i have Epstein Bar - can that cause a multitude of symptoms?

Please reply

Reply to Lauren

Have they tested for ovarian cancer, dnt mean to scare you but a few of the symptoms could point to that, my cousin survived this cancer so do not be afraid to see your gynae, better safe than sorry. Earlier the better