Question
Posted by: Gee | 2008/06/05

PLEASE HELP ME!! MAYBE BABY??

I went off the pill in August last year. My last period was on 14 February. Since then i have not yet had my period again. My breast are swollen and very sensitive and my stomach is bloated. I have regular dizzi spells. Did a pregnancy test and there is a very very faint second line showing. Could i be pregnant? Should you not have your period to fall pregnant. Just want to know if i am imagining the faint second line? Please advise as i dont know what to think...

You could be pregnant. Do a blood test to confirm.

5
Posted by: Jilly | 2008/06/06

Hi Gee

I think if you suspect that you might be pregnant you should go for the blood test, that would be an absolute. If your not pregnant then perhaps now is the time to go and see a Gynea.

Gee, please keep us posted.

Reply to Jilly
Posted by: Dee | 2008/06/06

You obviously ovulated really late, you will need to go for a blood test so they can tell you how far you are. Just go to any pathologist and request a quantitative beta HCG.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Gee | 2008/06/06

Hi Jilly,

I was on it for 11 years, off it for 1 year and then on it again for 3 years. I really don;t know what to do....

Reply to Gee
Posted by: Jilly | 2008/06/05

Hi Gee

I'm surprised that the line was faint, because if I calculate your dates it indicates that you are 16 weeks pregnant already!
Suzzy is right, a blood test is now definitely in order and a Gynea's appointment!
OR
Perhaps your body is still adjusting itself after being on the pill, how long were you on it for?

Reply to Jilly
Posted by: Suzzy | 2008/06/05

No matter how faint the line is, it's positive maybe u should go for a blood test just to confirm.

Reply to Suzzy