Question
Posted by: sarah | 2010/01/25

please help me make my toddler gain weight

my two and a half year old eats almost everything but in very small amounts! although he is active,he is really really thin and im concerned. also, he keeps getting a cold almost every two weeks. will ensure meal replacement drink help him gain weight if i give it to him over and above his meals?

Dear Sarah
The fact that your son eats very small amounts of food at the age of 2,5 years is totally normal. You must keep in mind that small children have very small stomach capacities, So they need to eat small amounts but more often. You can firstly try giving him 6 smaller meals a day consisting of healthy foods. Discuss the use of a meal supplement with your pharmacist as there are specific products intended for young children. Your son may also benefit from using a vitamin and mineral supplement designed for children such as Vidaylin. Also ask the chemist about an appropriate vitamin and mineral supplement.
I hope your lad starts gaining weight now

1

Dear Sarah