Question
Posted by: Lee | 2010/11/25

Please help me I do not know how to slow down

Why do I feel so depressed when it is month while everybody around me
Is so happy and cheerful. I am able to pay bills and save for my children education.
During the month I do not find myself financially frustrated because I plan propely
Even though I am not left with an extra cent to spoil myself but I can afford basics and survive.
People around me make payday a fuss and going on i cannot stand them.,how do I get over
this bitterness, it is so unhealthy and I just want to be content with what I have but I do not know how to do that.

Sometimes the contrast between how bad you feel and how good others SEEM to feel, makes a depresion or even just the blues, feel worse. I remember treating a very sweey and sad nun who felt especially bad over Christmas, when, as she said : "Joy is ringing from everyone's steeple - except mine."
Its not entirely clear from your message just what is bothering you, though. Is it that other people ( as indeed some do ) make a silly and elaborate fuss over month-end and spending their earnings ( if they saved a bit more, they could spread their savings over the month and enjoy something smaller morem often ) ? Is it that they DO have more to spend than you do, or that they SEEM to have more because of all the fuss they make about it ?
Remember, you are comparing yourself ( and you know all your secrets, plans and details ) with only what they choose to show you about themselves, much of which may well be false or exaggerated

1