Question
Posted by: Diva | 2008/06/24

Please help me help a sick friend

Hello,
I am writing on behalf of my friend as I am really concerned about her health.
She is 27 years old. Lately her period has been recurring approximately every two weeks, lasts never more than three days and is accompanied by moderate to severe pain.
She suffers from bad heartburn and sometimes vomits at night, especially after supper. She has seen a small speck of dark blood on occasion.
She has been under considerable stress for a few months.
Please can you help me advise her? This is not normal.
Thank you and kind regards
Jacqui

Dear Diva
It sounds as if she may have a hormonal imbalance causing the irregular bleeding and the pain could be an indication of an ovarian cyst. The heartburn with vomiting is dangerous as her esophagus is probably injured and this is a risk factor for esophagus cancer later on in life. Please take her to a doctor as she needs to have some blood tests, a sonar and probably a gastroscopy, so that they can prescribe the correct treatment.