Posted by: Palesa | 2012-02-06

Please help me..

I have been bulimic since i was 16 i am not 32..during the week i am fine as i go to work after work go to gym and am motivated to eat healthily..the problem starts on the weekend..i am 400K''s from my home town in a small town that does not even have a movie theatre and the people are backward and despite my sociable nature i have not managed to make friends..i have applied for jobs in my home town,go to interviews and nothing comes of it.

.I will buy food worth 400 any given weekend and purge the lot out and feel terrible for doing it as there are people out there who have financial issues and dont eat yet this is what i do..i need help..i dont even know who to consult here i dotn think there are any psychologists in this town..(louis trichardt) please help me..i think God is punishing me for vomiting that is why at 32 i am childless dont have a boyfriend and am stuck in a one horse town with judgemental people..i am losing my will to live even though i know i have so much to offer the world..

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi Palesa,
Your situation sounds dreadful, but instead of concentrating on your living arrangements, I suggest that you look at small ways in which to take better care of yourself. It will not be easy, given that you have had your eating disorder half your life, but you need to try and make internal changes to YOUR world. I am not sure which city is closest to LT, but you should see if you cannot at least attend a support group to help you realize that you are not alone. You need to look at your eating disorder as a way in which you are both punishing yourself and trying to protect yourself from feeling too much at the same time. I don't think this is a case of God punishing you, but you punishing yourself as a result of very negative and destructive beliefs that you have formed about yourself. Email me and I will try and find a support group near you.