Question
Posted by: DESPERATE | 2011/09/22

Please help me

Please help anyone.. I don''t know what to do anymore everything, feels so pointless, I haven''t been working for the last two months and even though it has been stressful, with my in-laws asking about how many interviews I have been on ...daily...I have enjoyed it, financially I am still fine, and I have been free from my crippling panic attacks,,,,,, but now I have a great interview tomorrow afternoon and It has all started again, the heart palpitations the dizziness the depersonalization!!!! This potential job needs me to be the bright, strong willed and motivated person I was 10 years ago, and all I am now if am empty shell of my former life trying to get through the day.....but I have to make a real go for this so that people can stop putting pressure on me, but I am so scared to take on something where I need to be a happy and a go getter, when I really feel like crying all the time. Also no-one is going to want me if I keep on turning jobs down. I feel like exploding, I went for the CBT and now not sure if it working, and I just can''t do this again , I have no-one to lean on no friends no family ,and my husband is tired of dealing with this, Please please please can someone just give me some advice to get though the next 24 hours......

Being out of work, for conscientious people like you and many of us, is a very unpleasant state, but don't give up hope. These are difficult times, and its not necessarily your fault either that you are out of work or that you haven't yet found work.
Why not see a good CBT style psychologist to learn how to control the anxiety that arises when you face interviews, and even role-play such situations so you can feel confident in dealing well with them. The symptoms you are describing are those of an anxiety disorder, and CBT is very successful in treating and controlling this disorder. Your self-description also sounds like depression, which commonly accompanies anxiety, and also responds well to CBT, so get properly assessed by the psychologist, and properly treated for any disorders that are causing problems for you. You say you went for CBT, but it really doesnt sounds like its working properly - maybe your shrink isn't doing it right, or somehow the pair of you aren't compatible and you' do better working with someone else.

2

Posted by: Zexeon | 2011/09/23

If you could do it once you can do it again and if you don''t get the job maybe there is something better for you to do. just be calm and think you are this strong, confident,ect. person and you would be fine. Good luck.:-)

Reply to Zexeon