Question
Posted by: Shadow | 2009-12-02

Please help me

I have been molested at the age of 12 i am now 25 years old female and got married in June.

My problem is that when me and my husband have sex i cannot get myself to have an orgasm while he is inside me. it is as if my body would not allow it.

Do you think it might have something to do with what happened to me

will it help if i go and see a psychologist

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

Just to normalize matters, and without minimizing your experience of childhood sexual abuse, most women are unable to have vaginal orgasms. Perhaps you are saying that you feel your body shutting down to pleasure with penetration - and this may be in response to a trigger from your childhood abuse.

This is such a sadness for you and your husband. First prize is therapy, yes, i agree with you, Seek out a therapist who works with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. You want to rid yourself of the power your abuser continues to hold over your sexuality. You want to ease yourself into your own sexual power and take back ownership of your body. I recommend you work through my book"Pillowbook"(Oshun 2007) It will be a good program for you to become a healthy adult sexual woman.

1
Posted by: Ageing and Sexuality expert | 2009-12-14

Reply to Ageing and Sexuality expert