Question
Posted by: EMZOO | 2010/06/09

PLEASE HELP DOC

hi doc the problem is i have done 2nd hsg in january 2010 they found that the left tube is blocked but the right one is fine. my gynae doc said i should for six months but till now nothing happens. i want to know if it`s possible for me to have a baby with one tube or maybe the option is to do laparascopy. my periods are regular every month no pains, not heavy. don`t you think something is wrong here. please help doc, im 33 and turning 34 in august, i cant wait any longer pleas.

Dear Emzoo

It is possible to have a baby if one of your fallopian tubes is opened. If however one fallopian tube is opened on HSG and the other one is blocked it is quite possible that the one that is opened may not be totally functional. As you have mentioned the next option will certainly be a laparoscopy. A laparoscopy in your particular case would help determine if the blocked fallopian tube can be repaired and if the opened fallopian tube is functional or not. Your doctor will then be in a better position to advise you the next step forward after the laparoscopy.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/06/18

Dear Emzoo

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert