Posted by: Betty | 2009-03-26

Please help - all advise welcome

Good Morning

I would please like some advise. Myself and my husband are trying to conceive. We are doing the chart/ fertility map thing but i would appreciate some advise.

1st day of my last period was 2March i have a regular 28day cycle. We had unprotected sex saturday(14thMarch) and sunday (15th March) early afternoon. I had a thick mucus discharge sunday night*( i take it that was my sign for ovulation?

Was our timming right? I went for a quant blood test tuesday (24thmarch) came out neg. Could it be a false neg that i have tested too soon. I am feeling a bit under weather not sure... tired , headaches and so on just yucky

My period should start monday(30th March) when is a good time to test. What are my changes of being pregnant?

Dear Betty

Occasionally despite doing the correct timing a pregnancy may not occur and the natural conception rate in couples that have no fertility issues may be in the region of 15%. Therefore I would advise you to do a repeat Beta Quant. if you have not seen your period by the 30th March and should this be negative I would recommend you consult a fertility specialist who may be able to rule out additional factors contributing to a fertility problem. However bearing in mind the natural conception rate I would suggest that you should be trying for at least 6 to 9 months minimum before seeking fertility assistance.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: wetta | 2009-03-27

HI just go to goole and type in ovulation calendar
it will give you all the details
your ovulation dates was from the 12-17 the 14 15 16 being the best days so maybe you went for bloods to soon. i think
after I had my inplants they told me to wait 2 weeks then only will it so if I am or not, so far its still neg
hope this helps yu
HOpe for the best

Reply to wetta