Question
Posted by: Sivuyile | 2008/06/13

Please help - alimentary canal

I had a blood on my feaces, and it has ben continuing for almost a week now. do you have a department whether I can go to be scanned, my whole alimentary canal from my mouth to my anus to see if I have a poison or not, and where is it specifically my stomach has not been right for six months no. where can I go to for help. how much can this cost me, if I am paying cash. is there a way for me to sleep before they insert anything on my throat. please help me.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you make an appointment with a general surgeon and request him/her to do a colonoscopy, as well as a gastroscopy, to examine your alimentary system. These tests are done under sedation. You can ask them what the cost involved will be when you make your appointment.

Kind regards