Question
Posted by: Confused | 2012/06/01

Please Help

My fiance and I have been going out for a while and last week I proposed marriage to her. Although she never said ''yes'', she said she was really happy. Two days later, she tells me that she needs some time out and some space. She asked me not to make any form of contact with her. No calls, text messages, e-mails, nothing. I don t know what to think any longer. Is this the beginning of the end?

Presumably, however long you have been going out together ( unspecified in your message ) your timing wasn't optimal and you took her by surprize. If there is a mutual friend who can act as intermediary, simply indicate that you're sorry if you somehow upset her, but if so this was clumsy and not deliberate, and that you respect her wish to have more time to think about this, and look forward to hearing from her, either way, before too long, and wish her well.
It's hard for anyone outside the pair of you to foretell the outcome.

3
Posted by: Green | 2012/06/05

Move on. i was in the same situation and it was hell. The pain!!!

I''ve tried to fix it but it''s like biting you own tail

Reply to Green
Posted by: Maria | 2012/06/01

How long is " a while" ? It sounds as if you might have greatly surprised her, and she isn''t ready for this step. How do you generally handle conflict or miscommunications? If you haven''t yet then you''re not ready to get married. Is there a good friend who can be an intermediary between the two of you? Good luck, I hope you get it sorted out.

Reply to Maria