Posted by: Jacky | 2011-07-15

Please Help

Hi Dr

My nanny had a " pimple"  on her knee, the next day it looked like a blister about the size of a R2 coin. It went open by itself. We cleaned it with Savlon and put some anti septic salf on it - she coverd it. But now she says her leg is stiff and her knee is also swolen. I do not have money to take her to the Dr and I also can not leave it to be untreated.
What whould you recomend and what do you think this (blister" )
is? Thank you for your advise.

The blister is most likely due to a bacterial infection of the skin. The stiffness and pain can be caused by a lymph adenitis, which is infection of the lymphatic tissue that drains the leg. I suggest that she uses a course of oral antibiotics. You can take her to your nearest clinic for treatment.