Question
Posted by: Me | 2011/03/17

Please help

I am a 26yrs old lady, i work as an Office Administrator at a very quiet company(i need to find another job)
My problem is with socializing, I cant express myself fully when am around people. especially people who are outspoken and bubbly, Its like there is a person inside me who is willing to talk and become loud and happy, open to ideas, and all that but that person wont come out. I feel so uncomfotable around other people its like am too scared to say somthing as i think it might come out wrong and people will look down on me.

I would like to become a PA in years to come but i know i need to change my personality somehow.

is there anything i can do?

So, from the sound of it, you may have a mild social anxiety problem. Fine, that responds very well to CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) a form of talking therapy which needn't take long, and sometimes also to the use of some medications also used to treat depression. In any case, and especially because you are aware that but for this unneeded anxiety when around people, you could be a lively and successful person, it should work well for you.
You need to see a good local shrink, psychiatrist or psychologist, for a prper assessment and diagnosis, and then a discussion of your treatment options.

1