Question
Posted by: ANON | 2011/02/17

Please help

Please help me, will heart palpitations from anxiety cause me to have a heart attach or to pass out, had a rough start to the day, go stuck in traffic and was late for work, then had a very hard time shuffling all my appointments-Have such bad heart palpitations (my hearts skips a beat) that I am now completely freaked out … .

Fortunately, I very much doubt that you will have a heart attack But I'm sure these episodes feel that awful for you. Sounds like severe anxiety disorder, with Panic Attacks or Panic Disorder And further good news - this responds really well to proper treatment. You should see a good local psychiatrist for a proper in-person assessment to confirm diagnosis, and to discuss treatment options. As a psychiatrist is also a medically qualified doctor, he can also check your heart and be sure there is no local problem there.
Treatment options may include the use of some medications which can help you to control this crescendo of anxiety, amd maybe also CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) which is a highly effective talking method of treatment, which can help you gain personal control of such episodes of anxiety.
The palpitations are a typical feature of anxiety and where this is the cause, they do not have seeious consequences

2
Posted by: ANON | 2011/02/17

Thank-you so much

Reply to ANON