Question
Posted by: Nikkie | 2011-01-25

Please help

I am currently pregnant. Yesterday I went for a scan and the doc told me I am 10 weeks pregnant. When she did the scan I noticed that the fetus is outside of the gestational sac. The doctor didnt say anything and I think the machine she used was old because we couldnt hear a heartbeat. My question is: If this is an ectopic pregnancy which is lifethreatening, why didnt she tell me and can I take her to court for this since it could mean my life? I want to get a second opinion and if anouther doctor confirms my suspicion can I take the first doc to court?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Rather get a second opinion and then consider your options.

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Facebook: www.facebook.com/divorceattorneys
Skype: divorceattorney

2
Posted by: family law expert | 2011-01-30

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Skype: divorceattorney

Reply to family law expert
Posted by: FIO | 2011-01-25

I dont know, but has gthe first doctor written a report with a diagnosis? Or have things just merely been mentioned to you? I think you should ask the doctor fora written assessment, as this will cover you if there are any prpoblems. And certainly go for a second opinion.

If the doctor is aware of a problem and does not infomr you, then maybe there is some sdort of legal action you can take if things go wrong based on the information being witheld, but if you are informed, then what would you sue for?

Reply to FIO