Question
Posted by: wbadamer | 2011/01/14

Please Help !

3 weeks ago I was totally fine until I used my dad''s razor and hurt myself when I was shaving.It''s bleeding but not much. Two days ago I got a sore throat. I also get dizzy sometimes and have been losing a bit of weight.I''m afraid I got hiv.I have ordered a home hiv test from home-hiv-test but I haven''t got tested because I''m too scared to know the truth.If it''s hiv, is it possible that the virus transmitted from my dad''s razor? My Dad has HIV,but he says the virus can''t be transmitted from a razor.

The probability that you could have been infected because of using his Razor is very low – almost impossible. Your sore throat could also just be due to weather changes and maybe flu? Your dizziness and weight loss could also be related. If you however feel that you would want to know for certain that you have not contracted the Virus you could go for testing in put your mind at ease.

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

4
Posted by: Helpful | 2011/01/17

I''d get the hell out of the house and stay well away from him. I''d never take that risk Ugh !

Reply to Helpful
Posted by: jim | 2011/01/14

HIV lives for only a few seconds outside the body - so unless you cut yourseld a minute or so after your dad shaved you should be ok (I think)

Reply to jim
Posted by: Intruder | 2011/01/14

Where blood of an HIV-positive person enters yours there is a chance of getting the virus, do yourself a favour get tested and get treatment as soons as possible even if you don''t have it, but it must be with 72 hours of contact, so I you still within this time you can still be safed

Reply to Intruder
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/01/14

Reply to sexologist