Question
Posted by: Joan | 2010/11/03

Please help

I''m staying with baby daddy and we have an 18month old boy. Our son uses my surname. We started having problems. Baby daddy phoned my friend and asked her questions about me. He even told my friend that our son should use his surname because he does everything for him. Clothes, creche fees, medical aid, food and nappies.

What also upsets me about this relationship is that baby daddy is suicidal. He will send me sms saying he doesn''t see a point in living the best thing for him is to die. Maybe when he''s gone I''ll be happy. When he starts with these sms’  he doesn''t eat he neglects his health.(he has high blood pressure). He will go to the clinic at work and start sending me sms of how high his blood pressure is. Sometimes when the does this I feel like running away from everything.

Answered the other time you posted this query. Emotional blackmail is like other blackmail - once you start paying the blackmailer, his demands usually increase, rather than ending

3
Posted by: ano | 2010/11/04

was involved with an emotional blackmailer, i wish i left him sooner rather that later. if you can, jump out! these people will just give u a headache for nothing. they like it when you feel sorry for them, it''s tiring, it took so much energy out of me, i was exhausted emotionally..i am happy he is out of my life

Reply to ano
Posted by: two.stone | 2010/11/03

He is an emotional blackmailer. He knows you stress about him and sends you these messages to make u feel bad and worry about him. Ignore him when he sends you this stuff. Pity you live with him, though. These kind of people very seldom do what they say - its about controlling you and your emotions. Really p#ss*s me off - was married to one!!

Reply to two.stone