Question
Posted by: Unknown | 2010/09/20

Please help!!!

I have a big problem, my 3 ½  year old boy is doing stuff that he certainly did not see at home –  but according to his teachers he is the instigator. A week ago the teacher informed me that he and two of his friends tackled a girl. My son and the one of the other boys hold her arms and the third boy took down her pants and kissed her on her private parts.Today we received a phone call from the principal  there was another incident where they cornered a boy –  and pulled down his pants. According to the school he pulls his pants down any time and shows his private parts to his friends. What is wrong with my child? I’ ll rather commit suicide than see my child become a pervert.

Dobn't even tghink of suicide, however distressed you feel - your son needs you now more than ever. He is not going to grow up into a "pervert". At various ages, kids may get involved in alarming sexual games and explorations, and this needs to be investigated and understood, so that one can work out the best way of dealing with it. In these examples, it's the collecting element of combining to sexually exploit others that might be the most alarming. I would wonder whether he may have been exposed to any form of sexual abuse, at school or elsewhere. Sexual curioisity is natural, but the behaviours described seem to go beyond that and the specific acts suggst some other element of inspiration. It'd be best for him to see a child psychologist for a proper assessment of what is going on, as well as some calm chats with his mom about what makes him think of doing such things, and what other forms o such behaviour he may have seen and experienced at school or anywhere else.

1