Question
Posted by: fatty | 2010/09/16

please help

hi there doc

thank you for always answering our questions. This one is a bit strange. Since I have been dieting and eating healthy and exercising I have noticed that I am farting more the usual. Why is that? Is there something wrong in my stomach. I am following a low GI and low fat diet prescribed for me by a dietician. Please help.

Dear Please Help
My pleasure! It is possible that your diet now has a much higher dietary fibre content and that you are also eating foods like legumes (dry, cooked or canned beans, peas, lentils and soya). The human digestive tract needs to adjust to the higher fibre load, which should settle down after a few weeks. How you react to legumes (also high in dietary fibre and certain compounds that produce gas), is an individual response. If you are still experiencing this type of flatulence and it causes you pain or stomach distention after another month, then you will need to discuss this with your dietitian so that she/he can make adjustments to your diet.

2
Posted by: virginia ngendo gathua | 2010/09/27

hallo,

my upper body is too heavy especially my belly please help me on how to cut that weight.

Reply to virginia ngendo gathua

Dear Please Help