Question
Posted by: ANON | 2010-09-15

PLEASE HELP

i am follwing a eating plan given to me by my dietician.
I feel constipated and I am farting alot. why is that ?
what I can use for the constipation? can being constipated prevent me from loosing weight? I eat All bran flakes for breakfast, I eat fruit and vegetables every day. I also have yogurt and LF milk every day.

Please advise

Dear Please Help
If you are seeing a dietitian then it is vital to phone her/him to discuss these problems of constipation and flatulence with her/him. The diet you describe should ensure that you are regular, although the sudden increase in dietary fibre intake may be causing the flatulence. This i something the body adjusts to after a few weeks of eating more fibre. You may also find that as your body gets used to the higher fibre content of your diet that you do become regular again. It takes time for the human body to adjust.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-09-15

Dear Please Help