Question
Posted by: Rene | 2010/08/13

PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi! I want to file for divorce, my husband is a strip club junkie (2 - 3 times a week), has been unfaithful, lies about working and then going off on weekends to hotels and lodges. I was bullied by him and his family lawyer when we got married into and ANC of Out of Community of Property without Accruel. Being very much in love, although not happy, I signed. Now after years of physical and emotional abuse I want out. I know what the law states about the specific ANC we have entered into but I have been a housewife for 11 years, while he behaved like a batchelor. Can''''t believe I lasted this long. Is there a loophole in the law where I can claim certain assets or moneys. Why must my kids and I suffer because of him, he is the one who wrecked our lives, not me. Please advise. Thank you, Rene

Expert ImageFamily law expert

If you were married as mentioned after 1984 you claim will only be for personal maintenance and for maintenance of the children. I would suggest that you find yourself an attorney who can negotiate a lump sum payment as a form of a maintenance payment.

Bertus Preller
www.divorceattorney.co.za
bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/08/14

Bertus Preller
www.divorceattorney.co.za
bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to family law expert