Question
Posted by: highly embarassed woman | 2010-08-03

Please help

Hi, I am a 31 yr woman who has a 5 yr old son and a 9 month old baby. for my first child I had a C section and for my second baby I had a normal birth( with forceps and an episiotomy. But what I have realised is this has affected my bladder somehow. I sometimes when I sneeze I have drops of pee coming out of me. and this weekend I was sick when I was throwing up , a whole stream of pee came running down my legs. This is highly embarrassing. Will kegel exercise help with this or should I see my gynae. Please advise. Thanx

Try the Kegel exercises first.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-08-05

Try the Kegel exercises first.

Posted by: Purple | 2010-08-03

Kegel excercises will help, but you need to do a lot. If it hasn''t helped you should probably see the gynae.

In the first 6 weeks or so after birth one does release a bit of urine when coughing or lying back in the bath, but this usually improves quite quickly thereafter. Forceps delivery can make this worse though.

Reply to Purple