Question
Posted by: Des | 2010-06-17

PLEASE HELP

Hi Doctor,

Please can you help me. I recently attended an event where a person coughed into my mouth while I was yawning. I started to worry because I also had a fever blister which was still healing and at that point it was burning although it rarely bleeds. I was worried about HIV transmission. What if some of his saliva possibly mixed with blood got into my mouth. Is there anyway HIV can be transmitted?

Many thanks for your help.

Hallo Des
There has never been a case where HIV was transmitted via saliva or a documented case of infection by droplet contamination that I know of.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-17

Hallo Des