Question
Posted by: cee | 2010/05/17

please help

I have a discharge that Has not gone away for over 3 years I have been to the doctor and was first diagnosed as thrush tried all the thrush medicines and a pulse treatment of some fungal medicine with no luck. When I went for future examinations the results show no thrush but the discharge is still there no itching but alot of itching in the anal region. I stopped the pill yasmin in the last few months and had my tubes tied but still no luck . Could you please suggest something and I also have a serious bout of fatigue along with this and was put on anti-deppresion medication about 2 years ago as my doctor thought that maybe I was depressed. Thank - you Candice

Hi Candice
A colourless odourless discharge may be "normal" and due to hormones. If the discharge smells unpleasant or is green or yellow, it may be due to infection and a smear or examination under the microscope may be needed to identify the cause. (It could be Trigomonas infection) You may need to see a gynecologist to have a proper gynecological examination. Chronic tiredness can also be caused by low iron levels, anemia or thyroid problems or underlying viral infections like Coxackie virus, so blood tests may be needed to exclude these.

3
Posted by: cee | 2010/05/19

I have had a proper check up and i have been for an ultra sound had numerous blood tests for all those things and a few pap smears I do not have an std as we were tested for those when it first started way back

Reply to cee
Posted by: Momof3 | 2010/05/18

Hi Candice

Maybe this would be a question for the gyaedoc to answer.But I am sure Cyberdoc could help too :)
Have you seen a gyae about this.?

Have you tried an old tried &  tested method called douching. ?
You can bye the douche kit at the pharmacy and all the instructions are in the kit. It has a bladder with a spout and a vaginal betaine solution which you dilute with luck warm water. Test the water on your wrist 1st and mix the solution &  place in bladder with spout on it and stand in the shower, or in the bath and insert the spout into the vagina and squeeze the bladder so all the liquid runs into the vagina and out into the bath or shower. You can also do it sitting over the toilet but the betaine stains so rather in the shower.
Do this morning &  evening for 5 days and stop the treatment.

Then see how the smell or discharge is.

I was told this by my gyae 30yrs ago after my honeymoon. I had terrible thrush which kept coming back after all the cream &  sepessaries etc. i then found another gyae who told me about the douche. It works very well &  you feel clean :)

I hope it works for you. :)

Reply to Momof3
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/18

Hi Candice