Question
Posted by: Annon | 2010/03/31

Please help!!!!

Dear doc,

I dont know what is going on with me, i am a verry unhappy person these days, dont know if i tis depression or what but i need help.

I am 21yrs old engaged and have a child, The last few months i get mad at everyhing no matter how small, I cant even give my child a hug, a kiss or tell her I love her, everything my fiance says makes me feel as if i am a lesser person as if he is looking down at me as if i just mean nothing even if he does not mean to be mean i get mad at him. i seem to be crying a lot like i dont have my own car to get to work and back and i dispise the fact that i have to ask others to drive me and when i have no other choice but to take the lift i get i start crying, obviously with nobody knowing. I hate my work, when i wake up in the mornings, i dont want to come to work. I feel like i have to do everybody''s work, i mean i do work for the managers that apparently has to much to do and cant get to some things so i have to do it and when you walk into their office they are sitting and playing games or busy on the phone with family or friends, i am doing some work from every department in this company still i get no regognition for anything, been here for 3 jrs and no sallary increase and still in the same position, feel like here is no growth potential, I have been looking for something else but with no luck, so i feel like just leeving my job i am working for a very small salary anyway, so small that i cant even bay myself a choclate after some thing in the household has been paid!!!

I even hate doing normal duties that a wife is supposed to do, like cooking washing ect. i really hate it so much that i cry about it when i have to do it

I dont enjoy intimacy with my fiance anymore, insteed of being focused on the moment, i will lie there and think about other thing and dont feel any kind of pleasure at all even though he tries, when he is finished i tell him to stop, i dont want him to carry on just for me to experience some pleasure. But yet i do have fantasies about other guys (younger than myself)

please help me i am so confused, think it would be better if i just die, but at the same time i am scared of dieing

I use to be such a happy go lucky person, now i am just plain misrible

please help me!!
thanx

Sounds like this could indeed be a depression - what would be best would be for you to see a good local psychiatrist for a proper in-person assessment, and then a discussion of treatment options, which should, if possible, include psychotherapy of the CBT form, as this can deal more specifically with the habits of negative thinking you seem to have developed.
Sounds like you also need some coaching ( which the CBT counsellor could provide ) in the skills of saying No gracefully, and not accepting the burden of other people's work.
Put aside any thoughts of dying or giving up, until you have had the proper therapy you need and deserve

7
Posted by: Anna | 2010/04/01

And fantasizing doesn''t count as statutory rape. Sleeping with someone under the legal age does. If you want to throw fancy terms around LEARN what they actually mean.

Reply to Anna
Posted by: Anna | 2010/04/01

What is wrong with you people? This girl came here for advice, not to be judged by cowards sitting behind a computer. Pathetic actually.

Reply to Anna

Fantasizing about men younger than you could classify as statutory rape little girl

Posted by: Annon | 2010/04/01

Thanks for your reply doc, i really appreciate your understanding nature and will defnitly go and see someone in order to get assesed.

WTF, Who gave you the right to judge people? are you God? cause i can assure you that God does not judge me in the way you just did. Infact God put that child onto my life for a reason, you are probably someone who cant have kids and now you are taking your frustrations out on me!!! And God did have mercy as he gave me the most beautfull child anyone can ask for and she is healthy so He alreaddy blessed me. If you dont have any good advice, keep the little you have, for yourself!!!

Reply to Annon
Posted by: wtf | 2010/03/31

21 engaged and a child?!!!! no wonder your depressed you havent even enjoyed your twenties yet pretty much still a teenager and engaged!?!?!?! God have mercy....or maybe not 80)

Reply to wtf