Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-02-19

Please help

I am 27 years old and have two kids aged 5 and 1. I am using Ginette and have been for about 7/8 years.
I have a few problems:
1. Before and during my period, I suffer from SEVERE headaches, so much so that it wakes me up in the middle of the night. Seven days a month of headache is getting a bit much for me now. I just want to feel very sorry for myself and curl up in a ball until my period is over!
2. Normally, after having children, your period pain should be less - in my case, this doesn' t seem to be the case. I endure a lot of (back) pain during this time
3. This is what worries me the most and I know it must sound nuts, but I get hot flushes! I am extremely hot (and I perspire) all the time. I wake up soaking wet in the middle of the night (even though I sleep with a fan blowing right on me!). I really struggle with this one. It' s obviously very annoying, and uncomfortable, to say the least

What on earth is happening to me?

Some women do have hormonal headaches. You could try a different form of contraception like the injection and see if this makes it better. Discuss the period pains with your gynaecologist. Endometriosis is a possible cause. The hot flushes are unlikely to be hormonal, especially as you are on the Pill> Perhaps you should have your thyroid checked.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-02-19