Question
Posted by: Dee | 2009/11/16

Please help

Morning,

My boyfriend needs help and I don' t know how to help him, I know he have problems financially and I help where I can. We have survived so many things with our support for each other. So yesterday night he sent an sms that read as follows:

As much as u know I can handle every situation my love and be strong for both of us and our son, this time I have hit rock bottom, it will take a doing to get out of it. This is were I need u the most. Can' t sleep well, I don' t eat properly, suffer blackouts every now and then mostly at work. Don' t want to worry u thought I should let u know what I' m going thru and I' m afraid the signs of depression r there already, I' m scared of my own thinkings, I' m becoming scared of my own self, that' s how bad it is. I guess all I need is support and openess. Lack of concentration is something that' s troubling me as well. So I guess help is inevitable. Just thought I should let you know what I' m going through.........

My problem is where do I start ?
What do I say to him ?

I' m not an open person myself. At work they not helping as well they always on his case.

He urgently needs to see a doctor, preferably a local psychiatrist, for a thorough assessment ( and he must be frank in telling the doc all about his troubles ) and start treatment for the depression. Make it clear to him that this condition if not his fault, and that he can get better wih the right help.

2