Posted by: Ayona | 2009-08-07

Please help

I am married for 15 with 4 children. My husband is very abusive. He is capable of doing anything in front of me. Calling her girlfriends in my presence, while i am away he always brings his girlfriends at our house, he beats me in front of my children. My kids are grown ups the firs one is 16 yrs old girl.i am always depressed we went for a professional marriage counselling in FAMSA but he could not finish the whole sessions. I attended all the sessions alone. I am now stepping out of this marriage. Am i doing the right thing Please help me.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear Ayona,

you have claimed your right. well done. " I am stepping out of this marriage".

Are you doing the right thing? My question is: How does it feel now? Yes, there will lots of challenges. A single mom with 4 children is going to be tough. Both financially and emotionally, but if you have put up with abuse for 15 years and you are asked to chose between an emotionally and physically abusive relationship or the challenges of being free from abuse and discovering your true potential and the right to be happy and share this happiness with your children, which would be your option of choice?

You have a right to be happy but your are responsible for your happiness, not someone else. You can't change your husband but you can change yourself.

You can do it.

Love and Gratitude