Posted by: Podgie | 2009-04-08

Please help

My son is 5 turning 6 in August. The problem is he keeps talking about killing himself and that he wants to be up in heaven!! By God!!!
I am really worried about this but there could be a few influencing factors too.
Any advise here please!!!

Whatever factors you think may be influencing this, one can NEVER take it calmly tjhat a child is talking about killing or harming himself and wanting to be in heaven. URGENTLY arrange for him to be seen by a local child shrink -- psychologist or psychiatrist for a full assessment, making it clear when you cal for an appointment how urgent this may be. And continue to talk calmly with him, discouraging such ideas, but mainly exploring them to understand WHY he feels this way. Are there problems at school he feels unable to face, for instance ?