Question
Posted by: Nash | 2009-04-07

Please help

Good day

I had IVF in Jan, there were 5 fertilized eggs, 2 were transferred which ended in a BFN. Only one was good enough to be frozen.

Now how do I go about getting that one? Do I need to do all the injections over again????

Please help

Dear Nash

Your frozen embryo will need to be thawed and then transferred back into the uterus. The frozen can be transferred by several methods either using a natural cycle were no injections are use but the cycle will be timed according to ultrasound measurements or it can be transferred with the use of some injections and medication in a controlled cycle. The choice would depend on your fertility specialist as to what will be best for you.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo