Posted by: Blossom | 2009-03-09

Please help

Dear Cyberdoc. I met and fell in love with the most wonderful person almost a year and a half ago. In December he was involved in an accident and was seriously injured. he is a TBI survivor. He remembers me well -almost as if he never forgot me!!!
I was told by a family member of his that I should limit my contact with him in order to help him. I am confused because I feel that if I don'  t talk him then He will feel that I deserted him. The thing is that he was sent away to someone who can care for him and apparently I am told that He cant get close to them because the more I phone and speak to him then he wants to come back home and they cant manage with him. I was told that I should phone less and if I do phone then I should not speak to him for too long- but I should not ignore him altogether. They say that it will help him regain independance. Wont He feel that I am being distant or trying to shrug him off???? It hurts so much. I prayed so much since the accident and I feel that He was granted a second chance. Please help. I love him with all my heart but If it means distancing myself from his life, I will do so- just as long as he gets better- and maybe return to me. What must I do???

For a true impartial opinion, I suggest that you consult the neurologist that treated him. I do agree with you that the more you interact with him, the more he will mentally respond to you and this can possibly aid a recovery. Why do you think his family is trying to limit contact with him? Please provide me with your ages.

I would like to hear from you.