Posted by: Samantha | 2009-02-02

Please help

Hi Doc.

How are you?

About three years ago , my husband was involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident, in which he banged his head against the drivers side window and broke his pelvis bone.

He now suffers from tension in the neck and for some reason he also has extreme pain in his right hand rist. ( When he got out of theatre we noticed a bump on his had which feels like a bone. it had never been there before the accident.)

Please would you let me know what we could do to alleviate the pain for him.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Samantha,
I am very well. Thank you for asking.

I would recommend that your husband consults with his local osteopath to evaluate his neck, wrist and hand pain, and which will then enable effective natural treatment and reduction of pain. For more information on osteopathy visit
The bump on his hand might be a ganglion which are benign lumps of tissue which are only treated if symptomatic. This is only a possibility. For proper evalution see your local medical doctor or osteopath.

Best regards and keep well

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath