Question
Posted by: cins | 2008/09/29

please help

please help me i was on cilift it worked for 2years then i went on to cipralex with espiride now for nearly 6 months but it feels like it has stopped working i want to know if there is a test or a blood test that tells you everything is still fine in your brain or head and if you going crazy

Fortunately, even if you don't feel well, you are not going crazy. Usually, a drug which works well with you will continue to be useful, but occasionally there needs to be a re-assessment of the situation, and a change to different treatment, perhaps a different medication plus CBT counselling. There is no useful blood test in this situation, because the chemistry that really matters is in a tiny, tiny scale and between nerve cells within the brain, and thus not available for us to measure. But by a proper clinical assessment we can generally know what is going on, and the ebst way to help.
If you were doing fine on Cilift, I'm puzled why you were changed to Cipralex --- maybe you'd do better back on CIlift